Saturday, January 29, 2011

At Papa and Mamie's house :).


Yesterday my parents, my brother Jay, and I went over to my grandparent's house. While we were there I took some pictures of just some of the awesome stuff around their yard :).


Oh, and you've probably noticed something different: my watermark. Yes, in the near future I'll be changing the name of my photography to "Rachel Leigh Photography." In fact there will be lots of changes coming soon due to the fact that I'll be interning with Jessica Shae in just 9 days!! So, I wanted to go ahead and play around with a new watermark (I may come up with a totally different looking one during my time with Jessica, but I wanted to go ahead and try this one out :) ).

Ok, back to the pictures :). Don't you just LOVE this little schoolhouse/birdhouse?! I think it's positively adorable.




Awesome chairs.



Here's my mutha :).


The one great thing about winter is the incredible weeds! They're SO fun to take pictures of!







This is my uncle's dog Turkey that Papa and Mamie are taking care of right now. Her real name is Kirsty though. Funny story: my grandfather is hard of hearing and when my uncle first told Papa what her name was he thought he said "Turkey" instead of "Kirsty." It stuck. Haha.










Mom and Mamie :).



My parents that I love :).


Aww :).


The main reason why we went over to Papa and Mamie's house was so Dad and Jay could work on Papa's truck (it hadn't been running for almost a year). They fixed it and they even waxed it :). Papa was VERY much surprised! Here's Jay showing him what all they did.



I was having so much fun capturing the different expressions of Papa :D.


Papa and everyone that helped with the truck...yes, I didn't help wax it or anything; I was having fun taking pictures. Lol.


May God bless y'all's Lord's Day tomorrow! :).

4 comments:

Michele Ann Greene said...

Rachel these are really fun pictures. You captured a special day~!

Sara said...

I absolutely love the third shot! The bokeh is gorgeous, as are the colors!

Doris Price said...

Rachel loved seeing all the pictures but loved the Family pic.Of course thought the LOVE BIRDS were sweet:-)
Doris Price
ps. I want to learn to do the Watermark had a tutorial for doing it but deleted it by mistake:-(

Anonymous said...

beautiful photos. your blog is lovely.