Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow...LOTS of snow!

On Sunday it snowed...I hadn't seen a snow like this since I was 8 years old! (Yes, we did have a pretty good snow here last February, but it stuck more on the trees than the ground; it was total opposite this time!) We had over six inches on the ground! That's HUGE for East Texas!! And it came down so fast! The snowflakes were so big they looked like small feathers...it was beautiful to see them come down.


It was quite difficult to try and take pictures outside while holding an umbrella and shielding my camera from the blowing snow at the same time, but I was able to get some shots that I'm pleased with...such as the one below...it's probably my favorite one :).








If I was a rabbit in the snow, this is where I would go.


Snow bokeh is really neat :D.







Here's my mom :).


Haha, she had lots of fun with the snow :D.





My brother Jay took Mom for a ride in the snow on the four wheeler :).


Hahahaha, this picture cracks me up. Dad shielding his face from the snow Mom's flinging into the air :D.


The next day, the snow stopped falling, so I was able to easily take pictures outside :).






The snow is still on the ground, but it's slowly melting away...and I'm glad. I mean, it has been fun, but my heart is ready for warmth and wildflowers :).

7 comments:

Sereina said...

Isn't snow so lovely? These pictures are beautiful, Rachel! I love the shots of your mom.

Michele Ann Greene said...

I thought it was cute when Allix Brunson came over. She said our yard looked like Narnia. It really did in some spots. If you uses your imagination you can replace the basketball goal for a lamp post. ;)

Meagan Cabrera said...

These are beautiful pictures, Rachel! Wasn't the snow lovely? :-)

I agree. Snow bokeh is pretty cool.:-) btw, what lens do you have?

Taylor said...

Gorgeous pictures!! :D Love these! :) I have to agree...im ready for warmth and wildflowers too!!! <3 :D *Cant wait for spring time* You're mom is beautiful! she seems "fun and crazy"...like my momma! :D Looks like yall had lotsa fuN!

Lydia Covey said...

I just love the pictures of your mom!! Filled with joy and such glee :D
Oh the snow was amazing, I loved it!

Teresa said...

Your pictures are absolutely beautiful....snow makes everything so pretty!

Ica Images said...

these are too pretty! especially the one of your mom looking up